MEP Assistant simplifies synchronize model consisting of prefabricated elements with MEP model (water and sewage, ventilation, electrical and mechanical). The MEP elements can be immediately added to the precast structure.
- Increased quality and efficiency due to automatic detection of IFC / DWG objects and collision display
- Saves up to 75% of time (based on customer results) thanks to the direct conversion of IFC / DWG data to Planbar objects
- Custom IFC objects can be easily transformed into native elements, specific for the PLANBAR environment
- Filter and group IFC objects and combine them with Planbar objects
- Improved workflow of quick conversion of IFC objects into native PLANBAR objects
So far I have had very good experiences with the MEP-Assistant, as I am saving a lot of time in large (BIM) projects. Before the introduction of the MEP-Assistant, an average precast slab area of 1,000 m² took over 2 hours, when more than 1 type of fixture per m² was present in the slabs. Now thanks to the MEP-Assistant, I have been able to reduce that to 20 – 30 minutes. On top of that, the MEP-Assistant assures an automatic collision control and correct fixture placement in the floor.
Ronald Buitenhuis, BIM designer, DeHoopPekso